WHAT IS WELLNESS?
Wellness refers to the overall sense of well being that accompanies optimal health. Health is the state of complete physical, mental, and social well being not merely the absence of disease (WHO).
Wellness is first and foremost a choice to assume responsibility for the quality of your life. It begins with a conscious decision to shape a healthy lifestyle. Wellness is a mindset, a predisposition to adopt a series of key principles in varied life areas that lead to high levels of well-being and life satisfaction.
Wellness is an alternative to dependency on doctors and drugs, to complacency, to mediocrity and to self-pity, boredom and slothfulness.
The areas most closely affected by your wellness commitments include self-responsibility, exercise and fitness, nutrition, stress management, critical thinking, meaning and purpose in life, spirituality, emotional intelligence, humor and play and effective relationships.
How do we achieve Wellness?
- Become a chiropractic patient
- Improve your nutrition
- Exercise and massage therapy
- Drink plenty of water
- Get educated about health
- Use our experience
- Change to healthier habits
- Get more sleep
- Manage and reduce emotional stress
- Embrace spirituality
- Be optimistic
Why is focusing on wellness so important?
- Leading cause of death in 1900, infections and acute disease
- Leading cause of death in 2015, chronic disease and degeneration
- Government studies recommend physical activity, healthy diet and smoke-free lifestyle to prevent disease
- Top three leading causes of death are heart disease, cancer and strokes irregardless of ages
- According to Government Studies these leading killer diseases are preventable
- Regular screenings considered helpful for early detection and treatment but they do not prevent disease
- Chronic diseases diminish quality of life irregardless of age, but most prominently for the elderly
- In 2030, 70 million Americans will be 65 and older, 20% of population
- One major challenge is increasing health care cost, for people 65 and older it is 3-5 times greater than for someone younger than 65, medicare spending is up 700% in past 20 years and rising
Wellness care will give you an opportunity to achieve the following:
- Enjoy a life with less/no pain
- Subluxation free spine
- Maintain proper weight
- Reduce the risk for degenerative disease
- Eliminate need for medications
- Increase fitness and flexibility
- Reduce the need of surgeries
- Improve the quality of your life
- Live longer and healthier
- Increase your energy and sense of well being
- Reduce your health care cost